Monday, August 4, 2014

God be with you till we meet again

Got a little ring-ring from President Turner friday night, Sis Hendrix is training!! ..which officially meant that I’m leaving. I wanted to cry…I’m going to miss Anderson and everything/everyone within it soooo much! But God knows best and has some grand stuff in store.

oh yeah, I also got my own ring from President turner the next morning. Turns out I’m going to be a sister training leader (sister training leaders are like the leadership for the female side of the mission. There are 2 STL's for each of the 6 zones in the mission. I'll be on the mission leadership council and will be going on exchanges with sisters at least once a week)…I’m quite nervous, but excited for some humbling and growth that’ll be coming my way...still feeling a little overwhelmed though:/

oh well, let's not dwell.I'm definitely coming back to Anderson one day, and then coming back AGAIN after Sis hendrix gets off her mission a year later.

I’ve been trying to pay closer attention to how my beloved southerners say certain words. I need to be able to do it myself, so that when I have southern accent withdrawals I can go into a quiet corner and talk to myself. I love it here!

Had an awesome lesson with Neil and Harriet. Interesting question of the night, “why aren’t any of your apostles jewish?”…I wasn’t quite sure why they needed to be. But it was all grand. We brought the senior Dial couple along. It was a perfect match. Neil and Harriet are like bro and sis dial before their baptisms. They got along a little tooo well, and ended up getting us in late for the night…it was a long lesson. But they seemed pretty intrigued by the plan of salvation. Everything we taught, they said they basically already believed, just had never seen it laid out like we did. Haha, you just can’t beat little laminated pictures depicting spirit prison, judgment and earth lifeJ

Did a joint lesson with the Jameson’s and Allens. A couple of my favorite families, and some of the best cooks as well. After we did another lesson with Blake’s parents about the plan of salvation. Wanda (Blake’s mom) is LOVING it! She’s already read through to 1 nephi 11 since she got her own BoM last night! She’s determined to beat Danielle, I think it’ll be great motivation to get them all racing towards eternal life!

It was super depressing saying goodbye to everyone. I feel like these people are all family. Cried during my testimony, can’t really remember the last time I cried, I’m not a crier! It was Jordan’s last Sunday in the ward before his mission, and Bro Stone is moving as well. Too many goodbyes, when we sang “God be with you ‘til we meet again”, my thoughts turned to not only the ward, but Sis Hendrix and I couldn’t make it through the entire song. *sigh*

Have a great week everyone...and if yer ever feeling down just remember there's a lil south carolinian missionary who loves you very much, and will make you some amazing comfort mac-n-cheese one day:)

love!

Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment